Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Duck Has An Adventure Game Review

A Duck Has An Adventure
A Duck Has An Adventure Logo

Play Online: A Duck Has An Adventure
Developer: Daniel Merlin Goodbrey
Genre: Story

Game Review
I guess we will have something quite different than everything else today. A Duck Has An Adventure is a sweet and simple interactive story flash game that made me go "Aww :(" and "Aww :D". I don't know how I ended up playing it... I think it could be the title, or might be the attractive yellow?

The first impression quickly felt like it was less than a game, however more on choosing your own adventure. As a duck you will be tasked with choices such as going to school, leading a simple life or go on an adventure. Each timelines will branch out to multiple story lines then to different endings; Like entering Kitten Cove and try diplomacy or inventing an dPod then leads to the presidency for life. In total, there are 16 different endings with 12 achievements to gain and various hats you can also achieve.

The stories in A Duck Has An Adventure are all cute and relevant. After staring at the screen mindlessly clicking for a while, I started thinking deeply about choices in life. I didn't expect such a short game could leave such an impact on me. By far the most thought provoking game I have ever played! To end off, my favorite progression was to lead a simple life, chase the ladies, play the field and seek lost love. Still a better love story than Twilight! >:D

A Duck Has An Adventure Screenshot
A Duck Has An Adventure Screenshot

No comments:

Post a Comment