Monday, December 17, 2012

SkullFace Game Review

SkullFace
SkullFace Logo

Play Online: SkullFace
Developer: Greg Anims
Genre: Platform

Game Review
It has been a while since I've seen a decent action-platform flash game. Don't you just love the clearing stages flawlessly with smooth controls? Well, If you do. Skullface is the kind of game that you will enjoy and it is going to be a challenging yet rewarding adventure for you definitely!

Skullface is an action platformer largely inspired by SuperMeatBoy, N+ and Jumper, according to the developer. The game itself spans over 45 levels across 3 unique worlds. The levels have a good difficulty progression and the developer manage to replicate the feel and environment from Super Meat Boy. The level designs were excellent. Surprisingly, there are some levels which I felt slightly difficult, have induced just the right amount of frustrated but still keeping me going. The final boss level was really intense and a perfect conclusion to this awesome game. ^^

I checked out the comments and I really don't know what everyone is talking about when they mention walljumping issues. The walljumping are precise and smooth as butter. The slight downtime between landing and rolling can be a bit of a nuisance and the Jetpack is a little tough to master, but everything functions great otherwise. It took me nearly 2 hours but got all A+. I really felt victorious when I won and totally worth the effort.

SkullFace is a visually appealing platform game. It is something rare nowadays. The music is fitting and catchy, the characters are memorable and the sound effects were entertaining. Simply put, even with its imperfections, I could see Skullface being a great platform flash game.

No comments:

Post a Comment