Saturday, September 29, 2012

Music Catch 2 Game Review

Music Catch 2
Music Catch 2 Logo

Play Online: Music Catch 2
Developer: ReflexiveEntertainment
Genre: Music

Game Review
What a lovely game! Music Catch is a flash game that thrives on its first impression and now presenting Music Catch 2. New shapes to catch, new patterns, new shape movement scheme, and new songs! Essentially this is the same game, you have to try to catch the colorful shapes that appear when the music plays with your mouse! The more shapes you collect, the more points you get. Yellow shapes give you a bonus and multiply your points, but beware for red shapes. Red shapes cut your multiplier in half, while purple shapes are like a vacuum cleaner that sucks in all the good shapes. Rainbow shape, which turns every on-screen shape to yellow.

The absolute soul crushing and heart wrenching frustration of making it to 99 combos before accidentally hitting a red shape. Normally, I will get frustrated if I fail to complete a game in 10 tries. However this game is indeed different, the music is beautiful and relaxing until I don't even care. In fact, I'm almost glad that I can't get it because I can play the game for another time! Simple games are the best, nothing fanciful.

I am really shocked to see people requesting for a mute button! I mean why would anyone want to mute such a beautiful game? They must be insane. Music Catch 2 reeks brilliance and peace and enjoyment come out whenever it is played. Right now, I'm going to copy these tracks into my phone... It's like the perfect way to wind down from a crazy day. It's really a wonderful game, I can't count the time I played Music Catch before Music Catch 2 came out. :)

Music Catch 2 Screenshot
Music Catch 2 Screenshot

Musics in Music Catch 2
Isaac Shepard - Leaves in the Wind
Isaac Shepard - Gentle
Isaac Shepard - Letting Go

No comments:

Post a Comment