Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Visit Game Review & Walkthrough Guide

The Visit
The Visit Logo

Play Online: The Visit
Developer: Marius Fietzek, Benedikt Hummel & Irina Gross
Genre: Adventure, Platform

Game Review
Ladies and gentlemen, what's going on? It's a lovely but rainy Saturday night. I just played this twisted platform adventure called The Visit. In the game, you are setting out to visit your girlfriend. During your visit, things just happened... Don't ask me why!? I mean, that's how this is supposed to go. :P

It's a very short yet entertaining little game with around 7 different endings depending on the options you choose and the paths you take. I loved the animations because of the simple expressions and I giggled madly at every ending I got. Originally, I thought it was going to be a parody of Mario Bros, as you are going to deal all the dangerous obstacles on your way there to your girlfriend's house. So I started jumping at the bin, mailbox, and the crab! I was wrong, I was mislead by my unconscious. I felt so bad and guilty killing the crab, as the first one was a complete accident. I am really impressed at how this turned out to be and totally love the humor.

One thing, I sure learned is that crabs are living things too. You should never jump and kill it. Overall, it is a fairly captivating flash game; I enjoyed it, especially in seeing just how evil I could be. Trust me, you will never know how ridiculously silly and cute until you track all the endings down, when it probably only going to take you less than ten minutes. A well made game.

The Visit Guide
Endings for The Visit
1. You are a horrible person.
Kill the judge.

2. Rascal on the run.
Escape the hearing.

3. You are a sad person.
Kill a crab, show no remorse, and destroy the crab monument.

4. You are a bad person.
Kill a crab, show no remorse, and do not destroy the crab monument.
Kill a crab, show remorse, and do not apologize at monument.
Kill a crab, show remorse, and destroy the crab monument.

5. You are forgiven.
Kill a crab, show remorse, and apologize at monument.

6. You are a great guy.
Do not kill a crab.

No comments:

Post a Comment